Department of Budget and Finance
1. The mission of the Department of Budget and Finance is to support the Ministry of Economy in the implementation of standard accounting policies and procedures, applicable laws, regulations related to the field of budget and finance.
2. Tasks and duties of the Department of Budget and Finance shall be:
2.1. Budget planning by coordinating with the relevant units within the Ministry;
2.2. Preparation of the Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF), draft annual budget as per the requirements and in accordance with the planning documents;
2.3. Realization of the budget expenditure in line with the plans of the Ministry and in accordance with the treasury rules originating from the Law on Public Financial Management and Accountability;
2.4. Preparing the Financial Statements of the Ministry together with the budget units within the Ministry;
2.5. Undertaking the necessary actions on budget savings arising as recommendations from the Government or the Ministry of Finance;
2.6. Implementation of Government decisions related to the Ministry’s budget and expenses;
2.7. Harmonization of the budget and adjustment of the budget allocations of the Ministry with its budgetary units in accordance with the Law on Public Financial Management and Accountability;
2.8. Drafting of the cash flow plan in accordance with the recommendations and rules defined by the Treasury;
2.9. Preparing various periodic and annual reports based on various requirements, including the requirements of the Law on Access to Public Documents;
2.10. Preparing the budget impact assessment for draft-laws, draft by-laws, draft concept documents and draft strategic documents within the scope of the Office of Prime Minister;
2.11. Reconciliation of accounts for the realization of expenses between the Ministry and the Treasury;
2.12. Allocation or commitment of funds from the specified category for the realization of payments for projects/activities foreseen in the budget of the Ministry;
3. The Department of Budget and Finance performs other tasks and duties defined by the relevant Law on Public Financial Management and Accountability and legislation in force, as well as the tasks defined by the Minister and the Secretary General of the Ministry.
4. The Department of Budget and Finance is led by the Director of the Department, who is the Chief Financial Officer and has the functions and responsibilities defined by the relevant Law on Public Financial Management and Accountability.
5. The Department of Budget and Finance shall be composed of the following divisions:
5.1. Budget and Planning Division;
5.2. Finance and Accounting Division.
6. The Director of the Department of Budget and Finance reports to the Secretary General.
7. The number of employees in the Department of Budget and Finance is nine (9)
Department Director: Agim Thaçi
Tel: 038 200 215 31