Department of Energy
1. The mission of the Department of Energy is formulation of policies, measures and monitoring implementation thereof, as well as promotion of investments in the energy sector in order to ensure secure, affordable energy supply for consumers based on the principles of sustainable development.
2. Tasks and duties of the Department of Energy shall be as follows:
2.1. Drafts policies, strategies, programs, action plans of the energy sector as well as monitors and reports implementation thereof;
2.2. Identifies the need to supplement/amend the legislation of the energy sector, participates in their drafting and monitoring of implementation;
2.3. Monitors and reports on performance, security of supply, technical security, market, tariffs and consumer protection in the energy sector;
2.4. Identifies the energy potential of energy generation as well as that of saving, and promotes investments in the energy sector and monitors implementation of projects;
2.5. Takes cares of identification and elimination of barriers to the development of businesses in the energy field;
2.6. Represents in organizations and forums within Kosovo and abroad for the energy sector.
2.7. Supports municipalities in drafting energy-related municipal plans;
2.8. Coordinates activities related to regional cooperation, including the Energy Community and other regional initiatives;
3. Head of the Department of Energy reports to the Secretary General.
4. This Department shall consist of:
4.1. Strategic Planning and Regional Cooperation Division (SPRCD);
4.2. Renewable Energy Sources Division (RESD);
4.3. Energy Efficiency Division (EED);
4.4. Energy Systems Division (ESD).
5. The number of employees in the Departments of Energy is (20)
Deputy Head of the Department: Sabit Gashi
Tel: 038 200 215 / 43